Re: Word from England, re: Isle Of Wight (and more)

Mark, re:

>Well, I hope it's true...but given the track record of Track Records so far,
>I doubt we'll get any more live stuff after the remixes are done. Are the
>people you spoke to at the convention in a real position to know, or is this
>as nebulous as Pete's knowledge of alternate versions?

The people I spoke to at the convention were in the "top five" of
involvement/decision making, and the person I spoke to yesterday morning was
one of those people.

>And I really don't see the point of a two disk live set, even if TOMMY is
>part of it. UNLESS, and only if, it is a complete `69 or `70 show. And
>that's not what I've heard it will be.

A complete '69 or '70 show would be just like "Live At Leeds" (with "Tommy")
but probably not as good as a performance.

>I still think we should push for a 5 disk set, much in the same vein as the
>Springsteen set. That is the only thing that makes sense at this point. MCA
>and Co. must realize the popularity of boxed sets by now.
>Why is it that The Who are the only major band to get shorted in this
>manner, time after time after time...?

Box sets may be popular, but no where's close to single CDs in terms of
sales.

wf