My $.02 on the live disks...

   Well, for what it's worth, here are my (perhaps strident) opinions on the
two-disk live set:

1.  I think it is unconscionable that ANY Kenny Jones-era or "Reunion" tour
material whatsoever be put on the live set, as there is already a two-disk set  of both available ("Who's Last" and "Join Together"), as well as a video of a
concert from both, not to mention the entirely misrepresenative amount of
footage from those periods on the "30 Years of Maximum R&B" video.  Three disks
of Moon material and one of Jones/Reunion material would be too much Jones/
Reunion material.
2.  I don't think any material that has seen previous official release should be
included.  This would include Monterey- I realize it might be a bit much to ask
every person who wants it to spend $40 on a four-disk set for one band on the
set, but the fact is that that material IS out there if you want it.  I guess
this underlines what I feel the basic philosophy of the live disks should be: to
get as much previously unreleased material out there as possible.  I mean,
honestly, who do they think the market for this set is going to be?  The
majority of people who are going to be buying this, I imagine, will be the
kind of Who fans who probably most everything that's been officially released
(and then some....) already.
   I agree with the philosophy Charlesworth expressed in programing the box
set- as much unrealeased material as possible, but with all the essentials, and
a complete sweep of the Who's entire career, for those for whom the box set may
be the only Who they buy.  But this is an entirely different thing, and should
be programed as such.
   So again, I'm sorry if I step on those toes of Jones-aficionados or people
looking forward to Montery stuff, etc., but that's my honest opinion on the
subject.

                                                             M.M.