Re: Dukes of Stratosphear

>The professional VHS Hi-Fi tape is about 2.5 hours and the sound quality is
>way superior to MTS TV stereo. The boot, "Music Must Change" was dubbed right
>off a copy of the MTS tracks on some tape of the PPV, as you can hear the
>same "defects" in Ray High's mike and for some reason every time the booters
>copy off a PPV show, you hear a slight hum which can be annoying. The Video
>tape fixes the Ray High mike dropouts and is very dynamic, being very close,
>but not as convenient as the laser disc...
>
>If you really have to have the CD, I think I know a place in NYC where they
>have that and/or it's copy, "Virtual Reality". E-mail me and I'll give you
>that info...

WF:

OK, my tape does NOT have any hum at all, and the sound quality is excellent
in the extreme. Ray's mike does drop out, though...just for a moment so it's
no big deal.
I will EMail you about MMC or VR, but I'm not buying it yet. I'm about to
drop a bundle on some used CDs in Jacksonville (NC, where the Marine base
keeps the Pawn shops full...I got 21 last time up)...Xmas, you know. Great
way to get presents for people...especially at $4-5 a pop.
Besides, I'm still waiting for Isle Of Wight, which I hoped for today but
Joe says they aren't even at Sprocket's yet...bummer, dude!
BTW, I have to ask...I thought IOW was going to be a double CD. No?

   Cheers                              ML