Re: Dukes of Stratosphear

Mark, re:

Well, if the sound quality is as good as the dub I have on tape, that's good
enough for me. Perhaps it was rereleased from the version you heard. Mine
sounds fantastic. And I do have the foreshortened version of Pete Townshend
Live (PBS) and do NOT have a laserdisk player.
But thanks...

The professional VHS Hi-Fi tape is about 2.5 hours and the sound quality is
way superior to MTS TV stereo. The boot, "Music Must Change" was dubbed right
off a copy of the MTS tracks on some tape of the PPV, as you can hear the
same "defects" in Ray High's mike and for some reason every time the booters
copy off a PPV show, you hear a slight hum which can be annoying. The Video
tape fixes the Ray High mike dropouts and is very dynamic, being very close,
but not as convenient as the laser disc...

If you really have to have the CD, I think I know a place in NYC where they
have that and/or it's copy, "Virtual Reality". E-mail me and I'll give you
that info...

WF