Re: TheWho Digest Vol 2 Num 205

On Fri, 11 Aug 1995, Thomas M. Davis wrote:

> The Who's "Tommy" is coming to Champaign, IL.  The other day, I saw an ad for the Assembly
> Hall on the U of I campus that said described the opera and gave the dates for next April.  Does
> anyone know if this is one of the official traveling tours?  The logo was an authentic Broadway
> yellow and black logo, so I guess it is an official off-shoot of the Broadway show.

If memory serves:

This is an official traveling tour, at least in that it is the
Broadway script.  I saw an audition notice for it early last May.
It's being done by a non-union company (don't ask me how they put
_that_ together in New York) and I believe they plan to play mostly in
towns that the first touring company didn't hit in '93-'94.

Alan

"When I'm onstage...it's not like bein' possessed, it's just --
*I* *do* *my* *job*."  -- Pete Townshend