Re: TheWho Digest Vol 2 Num 205

The Who's "Tommy" is coming to Champaign, IL.  The other day, I saw an ad for the Assembly
Hall on the U of I campus that said described the opera and gave the dates for next April.  Does
anyone know if this is one of the official traveling tours?  The logo was an authentic Broadway
yellow and black logo, so I guess it is an official off-shoot of the Broadway show.

As for Jerry Garcia (RIP), I haven't seen too much reaction from a lot of rock stars, but I'm sure
the members of The Who were saddened as I was.  One the coolest pictures in Richard Barnes'
Maximum R&B is the shot of the stage at the Oakland Coliseum when the Dead played with
The Who (circa 75-76).  It was a perfect background for the bands that first met at Monterey,
with the Golden Gate stretching out to meet London Bridge.  Only one problem with the picture:
it is reversed so that John and Pete appear to play left-handed.  I hate when a good picture is
ruined by being reversed;  I have even seen pictures of Jimi Hendrix placed wrongly, making him
a right-hander.  DUH!

P.S. A trivia question for any Who listers who follow another English rock band of some note:
Why would Meredith Hunter be intrigued by the recent death of the Grateful Dead leader?

Later, Tom Davis  Champaign, IL

 ###