MM's AQO and WSO review

Thanks Joe for this review, it helped to provide some insight to the
current british rock critic.  Of course anyone who puts down Tommy
doens't have a clue or rock history, but that's beside the point.

What WSO does show is that new music just doesn't stand up.  Sure it
might be new and the bands might be hungry, but for this pompous ass
to praise Sell Out proves to me that the current music situation
isn't where it could be.

I'll admit that there are some new bands out there that show a lot of
spirit and excitement.  But please, they are just toilet paper
compared to bands that actually meant something 20 odd years ago.
No one is trying to expand rock music like the Who an it's
contemporaries (and this is a small group of bands/artists).  The
actual term "alternative" is crazy because most of these bands are
really straight ahead rock bands anyway.  I don't see what makes
Pearl Jam so alternative.  Maybe to today's artists they are, but if
true rock music has to be labeled alt, then we are in a sad state of
affairs.

Lastly, I just guess there are those who enjoy care free meaningless
rock music, but I hope that Who fans in general are above that.  This
band did more to attempt to stretch it's limits than any other.  It
would be ashame for one to see this band as one that just strums the
guitar.  I want FEELING in the music, and Pete (only Neil Young comes
close) poured out his soul into his songs.  I don't care if it's
personal or not, Pete did it right and he did it with conviction.
CASE CLOSED.