$61.00 out the window

TO EVERYONE ON THE WHOLIST:

Today I went to a local record/CD store, a prominent N.J. chain which
specializes in import CDs, books, magazines, etc.. I had called yesterday to
confirm that they had in stock the McVicar soundtrack on CD, which just came
in from the U.K.. AT my request they put one on reserve for me, and I was
grateful for that. They did NOT have the new Daltrey (1973 solo album) U.K.
CD, so I'm still looking for that. Anyway, I went on my lunch hour to pick the
CD up. It sold for $17.99, great price for an import CD. Whenever I go into
any record/CD store, out of habit I look in the sections of the bands and
performers I follow, to see if anything snuck out without my knowing. So, I
walked into the "T" section and proceeded to thumb through the Pete Townshend
CDs, and...... well, wouldn't you know it? I found two brand-new import
bootleg CDs: The Lifehouse Demos (Yellow Dog) and the Quadrophenia Demos
(Black Dog). Now I have all the demos for these two Pete projects on other CDs
and tapes. But I just had to pick up these two discs because, while neither
disc contained the complete demos for the two concept works, there are
other unrelated PT demos which have either never been available on bootleg
disc (or otherwise) before, or have, to my knowledge, never been heard.

Here is a track listing for each CD:

LIFEHOUSE DEMOS: Pure and Easy, Behind Blue Eyes, Love Ain't For Keeping,
Mary (Ian Anderson)(Marty's comment: ??????), Getting In Tune, Going Mobile,
Too Much (of Anything), Magic Bus, Party & Lies, Motherland Feeling ('67), and
Rael ('67)

QUADROPHENIA DEMOS: The Real Me, Dirty Jobs #1, Punk Meets The Godfather, I'm
One, Dirty Jobs #2, Bell Boy, Cut My Hair, Drowned, Instrumental (1975), I'm
Gonna Fight To Make You Mine '75, Who Are You (demo), Baba O'Riley
(instrumental demo), and Dogs (1968 demo)

Each of these CDs costs $19.99, so my total WHO costs were over $61.00!!!!!!!

That's a pretty expensive lunch, eh!?!?!?!?!?!??!

But hopefully, my appetite will be sated with these two new boots and the
McVicar soundtrack.

I'll give you a full review on Monday!!!!!

Marty Secero
"Extra, extra, read all about it...."