Re: The Seeker

In reference to "The Seeker", the song has appeared on the following LPs/CDs:

* Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy 1971
* WHO's Greatest Hits 1983
* The WHO Collection (1985 UK Polydor Compilation)
* WHO Came First 1992 edition (PT Demo version)

The song may have also appeared on 1977's The Story Of The WHO Polydor UK
double LP set, but I'm not sure at the moment, as I'm at work and cannot
access my vinyl WHO collection.

Additionally, I have a 2-LP bootleg from 1980-1981 called Archives which has,
I believe, the true, unedited "Seeker". The performance is exactly the same
as the officially released version, but it has an extra verse of "I'm looking
for me, you're looking for you" sandwiched between "I'm a really desperate
man" and the PT guitar solo.

Lastly, Odds and Sods has NOT been deleted from the WHO's album/CD catalog.
Per my conversations with Phil Hopkins (of GENERATIONS, the U.K. WHO fanzine)
and my other WHO friends in the U.K., Odds and Sods will be part of the WHO
reissue program, and will most likely be a double CD. No track listing exists
yet, but it seems like the new Odds and Sods will combine the original O & S
and the WHO's Missing/Two's Missing releases to create one big set of
rarities, singles, b-sides, and unreleased outtakes. Preliminary talk centered
around making O & S a boxed set. Could there maybe be a 3rd CD of WHO stuff?
I think that, realistically, if MCA includes tracks from the original O & S as
extra tracks on the main titles in the WHO catalog (e.g. Pure and Easy and Too
Much of Anything will now appear as extra tracks on the WHO's Next reissue),
then the new O & S will have a totally different running order of songs, and
will most probably be a 2-CD set, at the MOST.

Have a great day, everyone!!!!!

Marty Secero
LaL #7094