QUESTIONS OF THE WEEK

> 1) Is it essential for your experience as a WHO fan to be a completist in
> terms of band member's solo efforts? In other words, do you, as a WHO fan,
> need all the solo albums in order to fully understand/appreciate the scope of
> the WHO's importance/artistic development?

I don't NEED all of the Who's solo efforts, but I think every Who
fan should look into Pete Townshend's solo material.  I own his
entire catalog and find it interesting how diverse a writer he
really is.  For example, some of his classically arranged music from
"Another Scoop" was a definately suprise to me when I first heard it.
The man can write for broadway if he chose to do so.

I hope someday MCA will reissue John Entwistle's solo albums on CD.
IMHO Entwistle is a very underrated songwriter whose talents are
underappreciated because he's such a great bassist.

As for Daltrey I'm not too keen on his stuff.  I know albums like
McVicar and Under a Raging Moon are ok, but other than that I can do
without.  There have been times where Daltrey has shown some ability
to write songs but he's overshadowed as far as the Who are concerned.

> 2) What is your stance on WHO bootlegs? For or against? Does listening to
> and/or owning/collecting have an effect on your appreciation of the WHO's
> overall body of work?

I enjoy collecting Who bootlegs and have found a greater
appreciation for the band as well.