John Entwistle in Ringo's All Starr Band

Heads Up, Everyone!!!!!!!

In USA TODAY for Tuesday, April 4, 1995, the LIFE section (purple color) has
the following news blurb in the Lifeline sidebar:

"Ringo Starr is hitting the road with his third All-Starr Band. The lineup is
former E Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren, keyboardists Billy Preston and
Felix Cavaliere of the Rascals, John Entwistle of the WHO on bass and Randy
Bachman of Bacman-Turner-Overdrive and the Guess Who on guitar. Ringo's son
Zach Starkey will join him on drums. The tour kicks off June 14 in Morioka,
Japan, where the gang will do a two-week stint. Among U.S. dates: St. Louis,
July 2; New York City, July 13; Vienna, Va., July 17 and Los Angeles, Aug.
18."

Personally speaking, I think that it's wonderful that Ringo has picked
John E. for the bass slot in the All Starrs; I'd hate to think of
another season without some activity from ol' Thunderfingers!!!
Actually, this will be the second summer in a row that WHO fans will be
able to see John (Remember's Daltrey's ill-fated 1994 summer tour?) The
only bad news about this is: since John will be on the road with Ringo this
summer, I guess that nips any potential 1995 WHO activity in the bud.
Obviously, John can't be in two places at once. And my guess is that John held
out on Ringo till the last minute, when it was clear that Pete wouldn't tour
this year. So, congratulations and best of luck to The OX on his summer gig
with Ringo and the All-Starr Band!

For those of you who've never seen an All-Starr gig before, here's a quick
synopsis: Ringo will start things off with 2-3 tunes. Then the show rotates
from All-Starr to All-Starr, back to Ringo, back to the All-Starrs again,
then a finale with more Ringo tunes. All the Band members get at least 3-4
songs of their own throughout the night. So we can probably look forward to
John performing "My Wife", "Boris the Spider" and maybe a surprise or two. I
really want to hear "905", "Heaven and Hell" and "The Quiet One". For now, we
can only wait and see what happens.

Hey, maybe we WHO fans can coordinate a series of WHOlist get-togethers as the
tour progresses. In each city, those WHOlisters that go to the shows can maybe
meet for dinner & drinks beforehand. That way we can meet each other
face-to-face and talk about all things WHO. Sounds like fun to me!!!!!

Here's to a good time on the road with Ringo and John in 1995!!!!

Marty Secero
LaL# 7094