crosspost:who as punk

I found this posted in alt.punk. Thought it might be of interest.
Sherry

ewsgroups: alt.punk
Subject: WHO was the first punk band?
 Sun Dec  7 12:29:54 PST 1997
Date: 3 Apr 1995 19:45:17 GMT

The Who were belting out great punish songs way ahead of their time, and
deserve all the credit for the birth of punk.  Songs like, "My Generation,
""I Can See For Miles,""Substitute,"and,"I'm a Boy" all contain the tight,
 kick ass drumming, hard playing, youthful, anti-society tunes that we
consider the ingrediants of a great punk band.  But what made them unique
was that musically they were far superior talent-wise to any of their
contemporaries, and
they weren't copying an established idea, they were making it up as they
went along.  The essence of punk.
-
  Goo-Boy  XJFR41B@prodigy.com