Re: roger daltrey is alive and well

Alan wrote:

> Well, I was disappointed by the Wolf Trap audience, which sat on their
> hands the whole time (except for the songs they recognized, Pinball
> Wizard and WGFA, where they dutifully rose) and shouted and threw things
> at me and my friends when we stood up early in the show.  The Philly
> audience was better in a way; they stood up and were reasonably into the
> show, but people (in our row, at least) kept leaving to try to move to
> better seats, getting shooed back by security, and trying again.  Made
> for a lot of distracting motion.  I don't know what my ideal audience
> would be, even.  Maybe my dislike of crowds (and advancing age? -- nah)
> just means I can't be satisfied (is that another mailing list? :-)
> anymore.

I agree about the Wolftrap audience.  Far too sedate for my tastes.
Philly was better, but the hustling of the security forces was very
distracting.  And it was amazing (and distracting) to see such a
continuous flow of people going to get stuff to eat and drink.
Sheesh.  You'd think they coulda done that at home!

I thought the Atlanta audience was the best so far.  We managed to get
really good seats (I could see the stage -- even when those in front
of me were standing -- a definate plus!)  And people really seemed to
be into the music. They were standing most of the time, but not
wandering in and out, like they were in Philly.  Perhaps the
continuous rain helped with that, keeping people huddled under
umbrellas.  All that and the relaxed security made for a nice
atmosphere (ok, I know you were not very comfortable in the rain,
Alan.  I didn't mind too much at all!)  We'll have to see what LA
audiences are like!

> Allstar (or whatever) Airlines:  the official airline of the "Daltrey
> Sings Townshend" tour.  If _you_ wanna die before _you_ get old--fly
> Allstar.

:)
This still makes me laugh!

Brandy