No Subject

Re : Tommy in London
>Jason Donovan, Marti Pellow, Adam Ant, Rick Astley, Nathan Moore, Luke
>Goss, Chesney Hawkes.
>Pete Townshend listened to the auditions and was apparently most
>impressed with Adam Ant.

 - no one has got the role yet as far as I know. I'd have thought it highly
unlikely whether any of that lot would get it. Marti Pellow has been Number
1 for about the last 15 weeks so why he should audition for a part in a West
End Musical I don't know.

Re - Radio London:
>the jingles were clearly recorded in America (American accents and all)
>for "Radio London".? Radio London, was it a shipboard pirate broadcaster
>like Radio Caroline? I seem to recall some comment in Who materials
>(perhaps in the backgrounder for Quadrophenia) that the pirates had
>revolutionized the pop radio consciousness of the day.

Yes it was a Pirate station. Caroline was harder to pick up in the London
area so it was the main choice if you wanted to listen to the music of the
day before the BBC discovered "Pop Music".  American jingles featured
heavily.

Re- AM/FM debate:-
These are very American terms.
Even now AM is generally known as Medium Wave here in blighty. FM is VHF. At
the time VHF would not have existed, just Medium Wave and Long Wave. The AM
reference must be to a Morning Show.

Re : Boris the Spider question from Brandy
> On which album(s) can John Entwistle's "Boris the Spider" be found?

I've got it on "Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy" on vinyl.

Did Everone see the recent articles in Q, Mojo and Guitarist?

Paul
williamspa@oldpaul.agw.bt.co.uk