shakin' all over

>   I saw the list of songs from the Shakin' All Over CD in an earlier digest,
>and I've just GOT to have it.  Is it available?  When was it released?

It's never been *officially released*. It's a bootleg. But, it is available.
I found it in a record store that normally doesn't carry boots. You need to
start looking in the import CD section, or, if they have carry used CDs, then
you never know what you might find. In some of the bigger cities, there are
stores that exclusively handle bootlegs and imports from all over. Also, check
record shows that come to your area. BTW - I paid $30 for that disc...

>   Also, is there any way I can get my hands on John's solo albums or
>High Numbers albums?  I understand they were only released in the UK.  I'm a
>major fan of the early Who.

You need to check the same sources that I listed above.... I have found almost
all of Entwistle's solo albums in used record bins. I may be wrong, but I
believe that Entwistle's stuff was released here in the US, too. As far as
High Numbers' albums go, if you find one I'm sure that *everyone* on this
list would be interested! But seriously, there is no High Numbers album.
The only songs recorded by them are available on the box set.
There is at least one live bootleg from the High Numbers that I'm aware of.
It's called 'Dance To Keep From Crying'. It's a crude audience tape that cuts
in and out, but it's interesting to hear what they sounded like....That was
recorded in 1963 or 1964. The date I have was something like June 1964, but
somehow, that just doesn't sound right.

GOOD LUCK
-the mayor