Re: Clapton and Townshend

} From: "\"\"Jonathan L. Proulx\"\"" <jlproulx@mailbox.syr.edu>
} Subject: Clapton and Townshend
} Sender: owner-thewho@cisco.com
} To: thewho@cisco.com
}
} I was just leafing through my 30 Years booklet when I saw
} something I wanted to ask the list.  In the timeline part,
} it mentions Pete "masterminding" Eric Clapton's return to
} public performance after overcoming heroin addiction (It's
} January, 1973).  Does anyone know the details of that or
} how it happened that Pete was involved?  What is the
} relationship supposed to be like between the two?  Does
} this have anything to do with EC's involvement with
} *Tommy* the film?
}
} Once again, just curious...
}
} --Jon
}

Pete and Eric hung out together at least since the early Hendrix days,
since they used to go to see Jimi together (though maybe not "together")
back then; Pete has said that Jimi combined what Pete wanted to do
theatrically with what Eric wanted to do musically...  Ah, the London
music scene in the '60s--in a word, groovy, man!