Clapton and TownshendSun Dec 7 12:16:03 PST 1997

I was just leafing through my 30 Years booklet when I saw
something I wanted to ask the list.  In the timeline part,
it mentions Pete "masterminding" Eric Clapton's return to
public performance after overcoming heroin addiction (It's
January, 1973).  Does anyone know the details of that or
how it happened that Pete was involved?  What is the
relationship supposed to be like between the two?  Does
this have anything to do with EC's involvement with
*Tommy* the film?

Once again, just curious...

--Jon