Townshend's Best Song ( Solo )

The other day I was driving while listening to White City A Novel.

I tend to put some of these songs in the top of my choices either
because the sound is so much different than what the WHO sounded like.

I thought that Pete was beginning to enjoy himself with White City,
finally a few years removed from seeing Datrey on a more frequent
basis. Thats what I always thought, although some books may make it
sound different,

Anyway, I think that Second Hand Love, Hiding Out, Brilliant Blues
Face the Face are among his best solo songs.

None of them top my favorite, Slit Skirts, and And He Moved, as well
as Now and Then and Outrun The Dinasaur..Weird choices for his best ?

What about any solo songs that were supposed to be or would have
been WHO songs, or songs that Daltrey could have done real cool ?

Second Hand Love ?? How about Roger signing that, or  Give Blood ?

Wasn't the accusation on Pete supposed to be that he saved his best
songs for Empty Glass ?

Do you think that Empty Glass would have been a big Monster type
"comeback" in a way if the Who did it together ?

Pete