Roger in L.A.

     I went to the Daltrey Sings Townshend concert Saturday night at the
Greek Theatre in Los Angeles.  I was really fired up for this show since
many of you that had seen it elsewhere said it should not be missed.  There
were no disappointments for this one as well.  Roger still "sings a razor
line."  John Entwistle was very impressive as evidenced by his playing on
"The Real Me".
     Afterwards, I found out something interesting about the show when I
talked to a bass player from the orchestra.  I asked him how long his
particular group had rehearsed for this concert.  Expecting an answer of so
many days, he said they were freelance musicians that practiced with
Roger's conductor from 3:30-5:30 the day of the show.  Roger said he
thought this was the best orchestra he had played with on the tour (maybe
he says that about each one).  It must take a lot of professionalism to
show up and go through something once before you do it live a few hours
later.  I was impressed.
     I hope this isn't the end of the tour.  It would be sad to think that
future collaborations might be shelved because of a lack of interest.  If
we can't have all three, I still enjoyed hearing 2/3 of The Who.  It brought
back many fond memories of earlier Who concerts.
                                                        Tim
Tim Herrlinger                   Email herrling@lifesci.lscf.ucsb.edu
Marine Science Institute                  Office Phone (805) 893-8858
University of California, Santa Barbara            FAX (805) 893-8062
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-6150                Home Phone (805) 922-4239