KLMoon Vehicles..

A few kids in my hallway have a running argument about Keith Moon.. Both
are drummers, and one believes that John Bonham was a better drummer,
while the other, a Jazz drummer, finds Buddy Rich a better
drummer. He even says Neil Pert (sp) from Rush is FASTER. HA! Whatever.

Anyways, for albums and songs that showcase Moon's ability, here's my list.

The Entire album "Tommy" : Not only is Moon fast, but his timing, sound,
and style are flawless.

"Cobwebs and Strange" : Moon is very fast and loud, but the two annoying
kids say he is sloppy. Go figure.

"Dogs, Part II" : he simply wails in this song. And, of course, he barks
a lot.

"Water" : The song progresses from guitar to sudden drum jump, and Moon
is great in this one.

The entire album "Quadrophenia" : If you have this album, you'll know why.

"Happy Jack" : He's so quick and fast, and uses different drum style.

There's more, but isn't every song a great Moon song?

Dave Savarese
savarese@genesis.nred.ma.us
dsavarese@middlebury.edu