bonie & boots

-For whoever it was that was asking about "Bonie Maroney", there is a good
studio version of this on John Lennon's "Rock-n-Roll" album...

>We all know how poor bootleggers are at deciphering song titles, either
>because they don't know the material or English is not their first
>language.  But I just picked up a 6/19/70 Dallas show that takes the cake.
>The songs are spelled right on the back cover, but the following is the
>track listing from the CD itself.

-I know sometimes it's just sheer stupidity on the bootlegger's part, hell
half the time, the only last name they can correctly spell is Moon. But
in a case like this, it's so blatent, it makes me wonder if they aren't doing
it to sort of 'cover their ass' legally. We've talked about the legality of
these boots and the odds of getting caught, etc., maybe this is their way of
"coding" these albums so only the hard-core fan will know who or what is on
there. For instance, I have a bootleg that doesn't say THE WHO, instead it
says "The Pete Meaden Band". So you'd really need to know what was going on
to realize what was what. Can you imagine the curve ball this must be to
the record company stuffshirts and the 'Bootleg Police'?!
      I had a Zep boot the had similar titles... except these were opposites.
The band name was Zofo, and the titles were like 'Escalator to Hell' and
'White Cat' - you get it. It was a Live album in Japan.
      It could be something that they do so when you pick up the  album,
especially if there's only one or two songs like that, you'll think to
yourself, "WOW! I've never heard a Who song called 'Submarine' I better pick
this thing up!". I would imagine that would be an effective sales gimmick.
      Or, it could be something that is done to give people like us something
to talk about!
cheers
-the mayor