Pridden has tapes??

Just got GENERATIONS #13 in the mail...
Among other interesting things, it has an interview with Jon Astley, a
long-time Who associate who put the box set together.  It includes this
exchange:
-------------------
Q: How much has survived from the Who's (US) tour of October/November
1969, because there's a story that Pete burnt all the tapes...

A: Oh, when he got back he told Bobby Pridden to burn it.  It was
recorded straight to stereo, so it's not mixable, but Bob Pridden just
set up two mikes every night, in fact I spent the weekend with Pridden
and he was telling me about it, and he said he'd burnt everything
"because Pete told me to," and then quietly he said "but I kept a couple
for myself" so there are two nights existing that Pridden has at home.
----------------

Anyone care to pay Bob a visit? :)
Jon goes on to say that the tapes won't be released because they would
sound like bootlegs.
BTW, I'm not sure I trust the Who's catalog to someone who says Tommy
"was a peculiar thing to hear on stage."  Then again, at least he says
Sell Out is his favorite album.

I've seen some mention of the GENERATIONS fanzine before on this list,
and I would highly recommend it to everybody.  It's packed with great
photos, concert reviews and new release info.  The new issue has a
track-by-track rundown of the box set and discussion about the upcoming
Leeds reissue (prepare to be disappointed; Pete told Astley to "try to
avoid Tommy").

This issue also includes a letter from me describing the mailing list.
Hopefully we'll soon hear from some U.K. Who fans!

GENERATIONS
c/o Phil Hopkins
1 Egbert Rd.
Meols Wirral