Re: Jools

JOEL <jody@cgia.state.nc.us> writes:

> >Are there really a Jools and Jim in england ?
> 'Jools and Jim' was a movie released in England

I recall an interview in which Townshend clearly
stated that the song was dedicated to Julie Burchill
and (Tony Parsons?), two notorious rock press critters
who wrote "The Boy Looked at Johnny" and made some
very rude public comments about Keith Moon
after his death.

But Joel is correct, there _is_ a movie called
"Jools and Jim". Not having seen it, I have no idea
why Townshend would use this allusion.

Tony