No Subject

  QUADROPHENIA@delphi.com wrote:
> Subject: '82 Farewell Tour - The Book

> Does anyone besides me have this book ?
> How about "The Who In Their Own Words" ?

> Just curious....

> Pete

I have the '82 Farewell Tour Book.  Lots of good pics.  I ennjoyed
lookingat the while i was listening to and watching the video of the
concerts that aired during the Who weekend on VH-1.

I saw The Who during that tour from a great "skybox" in the UNIdome in
Cedar Falls, Iowa. (Don't recall the date.)  It seems like that tour in
particular has been panned by critics as being "lacklustre."  I, for one,
don't recall anything except pure joy at being in the hall and dancing
around and jamming to all of my favorite Who tunes. Of course, I missed
Keith's antics behind the drum kit, but Pete was jumping and doing the
windmill guitar jab/strums like I'd been used to seeing and Roger was
swinging his microphone around so hard that I thought for sure the tape
would give way this time and clock someone in the 50th row.

In my memory, perhaps fading now, it was a great Who concert. THough, I do
recall feeling a bit melancholy as I left the arena and began the drive
back to Des Moines (listening to Live at Leeds) knowing that this would be
the last Who show I would ever see live.  (And it was, because I never got
to any of the "reunion" shows).

Anyone have tape of the Cedar Falls Show? video or audio?  I'd like to
relive that night.  e-mail me.

--
''''''   ''''''         Tom Grier  (tgrier@VAX2.Winona.MSUS.EDU)
  ''     ''  <'         Winona State University, Winona MN 55987