JE deserves some respect

On Wed, 2 Nov 1994, ""Jonathan L. Proulx"" wrote:

>   Now the "Daltrey Sings Townshend" show is on a US tour that
> arrives at the Greek Theatre on Saturday. There are no guest
> stars on board, but the music will be played by a full
> orchestra, and a band that includes Pete's brother Simon
> Townshend on guitar, Ringo's son Zak Starkey on drums and
> Who bassist John Entwistle.[Shoudn't this name have gone
> first?--JP]

	No kidding.  In the press, it seems Entwistle has been portrayed as
maybe a session player at best.  When the DST band was on the Tonight
Show, did JE get called to the desk to talk to Jay after the number?  Nope,
just Roger.  I wish somebody would give the guy the respect he deserves.
He was just as much a part of the band as the other three, but it
seems like the people on this list are the only ones who know it.  Maybe JE
doesn't want the attention but I doubt that he goes around telling
people, "print my name last or not all please," which is the way I've
always seen it.  I find it all very frustrating.

shanon

Shanon Dell                     |
Radio/Television Broadcasting   |  "Deaf, dumb, and blind boy, he's in a
University of Montana           |   quiet vibration land..."
tommy@selway.umt.edu            |                   -- The Who's "Tommy"