album "Who's Last"

I sometimes think that being sort of new here, that  I
bring up things that may have been beaten to death already,
so if I do, apologies.

But, I have never asked a bunch of Who fans before some things
that come into my mind as we go along..

Like, the album "Who's Last", am I the only one who thought that
this album was thrown together in haste, and carelessnes ?

It's what they called "taken from the sound boards" right ?

Just thrown onto vinyl and put out ?

I always thought that if they had the crowd more emphasized
on this album, it may be more exciting, being that you ( I )
want that "live, I can imagine being there " sound.

It really sounded pretty bad, to me.

Especially LoveReign..even Daltrey missed a note or two, and
instead of choosing another version, they leave THAT one on the
record, with Daltrey commenting that " Its one of those nights"
"I hit a air pocket" or something to that effect.

I was real excited when that double album came out, and I was
dying to get it home, but felt ripped off and let down that
there wasnt any real "heart" put into it.

Any comments ??

Pete

quadrophenia@delphi.com

raiders@cc.bellcore.com