some thoughts and answers...

    Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 13:52 CDT
    From: TAPEBOY@aol.com

    re:cow palace 11/17/73
    [setlist deleted]
    as you can see, contray to what roger says in the video, keith made it most
    ofthe way through the show.  i believe roger is confusing this with boston
    '76, where keith did pass out at the beginning of the show.  that was also
    the first show of a u.s. tour.

I'm pretty sure this was Nov. 20, not Nov. 17.  Thanks for the info on
the '82 Toronto shows.

Now as to the author of "Wasp Man," I too thought it was a Keith
composition, so I went and got out "Two's Missing," a '87 compilation
that John put together.  In the cover notes John does indeed say that it
was a Keith composition -- "it was his turn for the B-side money" :-) --
but on the record label it credits _only Entwistle_ as the writer.  So
there is evidence for both views.  Somewhere I recently read about John
and Keith collaborating on another song (can't remember what), so it
sounds like they may each have had a hand in "Wasp Man."  However, John
certainly claims no part of it in the cover note, crediting only Keith.

Now another writer-question for the real historians and detectives among
you:  why is the author of "I'm A Man" shown on the label of "Who's
Missing" (both vinyl and CD) as Lambert/Stamp, when we all know it's an
old blues song (actual author:  Ellas McDaniel).  What's the story
there??

Alan