Problems with "The Kids Are Alright" LD

Hello,

 I was wondering if anyone knows anything about BMG's problems
with the LD version of "The Kids are Alright".

 I had purchased two Japanese import copies of TKAA from Sight & Sound in
Waltham, MA of which both copies had incredibly poor sound quality due to a
suspected bad pressing.
  Sight & Sound took them back with no complaint and then, I waited
for the domestic version that was released awhile back. The domestic version
also had really bad sound quality which was like very high pitch squeals
coming from one of the channels. Sight & sound tried to help me again by
sending me another replacement (domestic version) which was also bad.

 When I called them to report this, they told me that they wouldn't send me
anymore since all copies seemed to be bad and as far as they knew, BMG was
not planning to recall them. Does anyone have any updates on this situation?
Its a shame such a classic film as this is effectively unwatchable in the
LD format.

Thanks,
--
Mitch McGlothlin                  <mhmcglot@koicps01.delcoelect.com>