Tommy tour & misc Who

> << I missed the broadway musical Tommy in Boston last December

>    Does anybody know where the show is currently; when it will be in
>    North Eastern U.S.A.

these are the dates I have/had scheduled:

June 7 - July 3          San Francisco Opera House
July 5 - July 10         Cupertino Flint Center
July 13 - August 14      LA Universal Amphitheatre
August 25 - September 10 San Diego Symphony Hall
September 14 - Oct. 2    Denver Buell Theatre
Oct. 6 - Oct. 16         Chicago Auditorium Theatre
Nov. 3 - Nov. 27         Philadelphia Forrest Theatre
Dec. 20 - Jan. 22        Washington DC Kennedy Centre

This is from a press release that's at least six months old now, so more
dates might have been added.  There's currently a Tommy production being
cast and in rehearsal in Canada; Toronto, if I'm not mistaken.  It will be
a stationary production, as is Broadway.  I've also heard there are
productions scheduled for both Germany and Australia, though I haven't
seen anything concrete on it as of yet.

Also, for those of you upset with the way the play changed for Broadway, a
simple look at any Broadway play will explain why the play was cleaned up
and carmelized for the general public.  It's a show for families.  And I
seriously doubt financing would have been found if Pete tried to make it
the Tommy that he originally created.  I look at the play as a totally new
Tommy.  It's got it's low points (the dialogue, though there is little, is
atrocious), but for a Broadway play it's amazing.  And I've heard the
touring band is phenomenal, even better than the orchestra/band on
Broadway.  It's definitely worth seeing, though I'd be the first to tell
you, don't go expecting The Who.  You won't like it at all.  Just go for
the experience.  And expect Broadway.

As to a Tommy box set - why?  There are so many Who compilations out.
Fans have all the music separately, why package it together - so fans feel
obligated to spend money on it, even though there would be nothing new.
The Tommy CD-Rom is in full production, near completion, and that will
have more than enough Tommy for all of you.  The company putting it
together has been contacing fans around the world for bootlegs,
memorabilia and anything relevant that could go on it.  I think the CD-Rom
will cover every aspect of Tommy anyone would ever want to know.

And to the person who mentioned remastering Tommy and Quadrophenia,
they've already been done.  Mobile Fidelty digitally remastered the discs
and put them on 24 carat gold compact discs.  If you're interested in
their list of Who records (I think they also did Who Are You), you can
phone them at 1-800-423-5759 or write Mobile Fidelty Sound Lab, PO Box
750577, Petaluma, CA 94975-0577.

Someone also questioned why Roger was touring - it's definitely not for
money, because he isn't making any.  Roger is, and in my opinion will
always be, the biggest Who fan around.  He loves the music, wants to play
it until he dies, Pete won't tour, so he decided to go out on his own.
John, who feels the same way Roger does, wanted to be a part of it also.
I think all Who fans should support him - Roger's heart is in the right
place, and the show really is worth seeing.  As to an actual Who tour
again, I really wouldn't count on it, but I said that in 1988....

Diane