tour opinions...

I saw David Lee Roth perform to a 1000 person crowd in a small rock club here in
Minneapolis last night, and the entire time I was comparing the spectacle before
me to the discussion of Roger's tour.

Although I won't be going, and I find it sad that he's playing odd venues and
state fairs, his tour has far more class and legitimacy than what I saw DLR
serve up last night.

To use the Townshend quote, Roger may be approaching cabaret, but Roth has
become a full-blown Vegas revue last night. Only dancing girls and slot machines
were missing!

Roger still believes in the music of the Who; Roth's sleepwalking through old
Van Halen tunes was "raping a corpse" (to quote a fellow concert-goer)!

Chuck