Re: FAQs etc.

>Svante comments:
>...the naming of Led Zeppelin (This topic is beginning to be a bit boring)

Amen!!

>I even think that the Who management would be interested in having such a
>database that could be used by rock and roll journalists to get background
>information about the Who, Pete Townshend, Tommy, the Cinncinnatti disaster
>- whatever.

I think this would be great!! I'm so tired of journalists that don't have the
facts even remotely correct...  I was in Seattle this weekend, where I read a
story in their TV guide about PT and the Who (since the "30 Years..." show is
playing on PBS this week).  The cover photo was from the Who Are You
sessions, the inside photo was a recent (bad!) one of PT, and the story was
written unbelievably bad!  "Entwhistle" was listed as a "second guitarist,"
and Daltrey/Townshend were referred to as a songwriting team, using
Lennon/McCartney and Jagger/Richards as allegories.

It's hard to imagine anyone being able to screw up direct quotes from PT, but
his comments were totally misplaced in context.  I was incensed!

BTW, I picked up what was billed as a "digital remaster" of the original
Tommy album on a single CD from MCA (MCAD-1801) that has all the lyrics and
a lot of the cover art.  The disc sounds good, but not up to what I would
have expected from a full remaster.  Anybody else have this disk?

OK,
KLW