No Subject

>http://www.latimes.com/HOME/NEWS/SPORTS/UPDATES/lat_lakers990429.htm

Jerry West's taking a lot of heat for the monumental meltdown out here. My
God...the Lakers have become the team everybody wants to play and abuse in
the playoffs. So bad, so quickly. So....West is talking about quitting
after this season. He's said it before...but perhaps this time. Now...let's
face it, yes, the Lakers have fallen apart, yes, Jerry has really screwed
things up out here, but....who would you really rather have making the
moves for the Celtics, Jerry West or Ricky and Chris? C'mon...be honest.
That's right...Jerry. This is, as they say, a no-brainer. So...we have Shaq
in his option year...we have West getting ready to call it quits...and we
have a phone in Paul Gaston's office. C'mon now...this is the Boston
Celtics we're talking about. We're discussing adding Tyrone Hill? Jesus,
Mary and Joseph....this is a lottery team and the play of someone like Tony
Battie or Tyrone Hill isn't going to change that anytime soon. This front
office needs to wake up and start making some serious attempts to acquire
some SERIOUS NBA TALENT...not half-assed marginal stiffs. So...Gaston tells
Pitino he needs some help in the front office...does anybody know what
Chris Wallace does all year long?....he calls Jerry, he offers Jerry a ton
of money...Jerry takes the job after the Lakers get ripped in the first
round...Jerry and Shaq's agent weasels a trade with the Celtics for
Shaq...and everybody on this list is happy. Give them Battie and Mercer and
Anderson....give them VP...someone keeping track of these
salaries?...Christ, take Travis Knight back if it'll make them happy.
Now...isn't this better than talking about Tony Battie guarding Grant Hill.
My God...has Pitino gone nuts?!?

Paul M.