Re: Walter is not the man!

Gene Kirkpatrick wrote:

> If I am any judge of talent, and I am (just not a very good one), then
> Walter should be blowing kisses to his agent and R. P. every hour of
> the day.  If he matures into a positive force out there, I will be
> grateful, but after what I saw last night he should be happy to making
> the minimum!

Walter is a great basketball mystery to me. He seemingly has all the physical
tools that one could wish for in a basketball player: incredible speed,
quickness, agility, and leaping ability for a guy his size. He has good height
and excellent reach, appears to be fairly intelligent, hardworking, and has a
great attitude. He allegedly has been taught basketball fundamentals by our
Great Teacher, Father and Leader for what, 6 years? Yet he seems the greatest
waste of athletic talent since...well, our own Dontae' Jones. Whatever alleged
contributions he may make on D are more than offset by his ill-advised
decisions on offense. As lovable as he is, signing him for 2.5 mil/year for
basically being the teacher's pet seems a waste of cap space. Was anyone going
to sign him as an FA for more than the minimum, if at all? It smacks of favoritism.
I want him to develop into (at least) a solid contributor as much as the next
guy, but he's been in the NBA for 3 years, and still shows no signs of
progress. Anybody know what's wrong with him?