Re: Bad News, Good News

I agree.  What's frustrating to me is the Pierce
scored 19 in the first half and could only manage 7 in
the second.  Why does he keep driving to the baseline
from the same spot?  It's not like he can do anything
once he gets there.  I would love to see him do some
freelance, opportunistic scoring within 15 feet of the
basket.  This might be good for Pierce, letting him be
the man for a few games.  It might be good medicine.
The more I watched these guys play against Washington
the more convinced I am that good chemistry and
passing is possible only when guys don't consider
themselves designated scorers.  Antoine, Kenny, and
Ron Mercer all look for their own shots.  I think Paul
has been deferring to them for most of the year.