Re: LA Times: Pitino's Rebuilding Program Lies In Ruin

The LA Times' Mark Heisler wrote:
"All those cigars must have caught up with him: Red Auerbach says that after
acquiring center Vitaly Potapenko, who's averaging nine points and six rebounds,
to help Tony Battie,  who's averaging 6.4  points and 5.2 rebounds, the Celtics
are only two players away."  etc.

    My take is that it's amusing to see the Fakers faithful still get worked up
about their inferiority to the Boston Celtics franchise (1962, 63, 65, 66, 68,
68, 84), even when we pose no present threat to them.

    I think some of the Tinsel Town writers still fear seeing us one day soon in
their rear view mirror, closing fast with Red Auerbach smiling at the wheel
(knowing Shaq-ass and Kobe Chicken will choke in the face of our pressure).

Joe