Pitino and Wayne Turner

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Dorine is right.  Pitino yells way
too much.  You can hear him constantly yelling at the players even when
you're watching on tv.  I know, I know.  These players are young, rich
punks who need to be disciplined so that they don't end up in jail.  But
really, how productive would you be at your job if your boss were
constantly yelling at you and breathing down your neck?  Just as Antoine
needs to learn when to shoot three pointers and when not to, Pitino needs
to learn when to yell and when not to.

I also can't believe that some of us think Wayne Turner is the answer.
Don't get me wrong; he's good people, but in terms of NBA talent he leaves
a lot to be desired.  The player we should be hoping for is Steve Francis.
And the way we are sliding now, we may end up with a top three pick (which
would be protected).  Francis would be great in a three guard rotation
with Anderson and Mercer.  Late in games, Pitino could play offense/
defense with him and Anderson.  And after two seasons learning to play
point guard in the NBA, he could take over as the starter.

My point is that the Celtics need to acquire major talent.  They do
not need to sign or acquire role players like Popeye, Walter, Rodney
Rogers, or Wayne Turner.

Count me among those who favor resigning Mercer and keeping Pierce at the
3 spot.

Jeremy