Re: why trade Battie?

So, it makes more sense to trade him for a cheaper player that no one
wants?  Not to me, it doesn't.  If he's worth that kind of money (and
what difference is it going to make with the Celtics over the cap due to
Walker, Mercer, Kenny and Vitaly anyway), why not sign him if you can
and have another tradeable asset.  Any player movement will have to
involve trades anyway, now that these draft picks are turning into
veterans with long term contracts.  To me this rumor is about as
credible as all the Walker for Mashburn stuff we heard.

Jim