No Subject

I thought this was pretty funny.

In an online survey at the Providence Journal Web site (go to www.projo.com./report/sports and follow the Celtics links), a whopping 44.4% of fans said Larry Bird is the greatest Celtics player ever. Bill Russell, remember him, was a way, way distant 2nd with just 19.7%.

Third was the Chief (16.4%), followed by Sam Jones (!?) with 9.7%, followed distantly by Cowens (4.7%), McHale and Cousy (each tied with 2.17%).

I have my own thoughts on Bird vs Russell but would be interested in what others think. I gotta ask, though, had these people ever HEARD of Bob Cousy?? And why was Havlicek (or KC Jones?) not even considered?