Michael Hawkins -Reply

>>> Joe Hironaka <j.hironaka@unesco.org> 07/23/98 11:16am >>>
Did you all notice how ex-Celtic Michael Hawkins made the US Team for
the World Championships? A small surprise. Good for him.

I'd love to be able to go watch them play out here. I'm curious to see
how they would do against the Goodwill Games US squad of Elton
Brand, Dion Glover, Khalid El-Amin, Wally Szczerbiak and Andre Miller.
JoeH <<<<<

They'd destroy the Goodwill Games' team.  The younger team is a
group of selfish gunners with no chemistry--I'm not surprised that they
got beat by the older, more mature, infinitely less talented, but far better
fundamental-playing Puerto Rican national team.

I saw Szczerbiak play live in the Carrier Dome last year;  he's pretty
good, as is Miller (witness Utah's NCAA title game run), but Brand and
El-Amin are two of the most overrated players I have ever seen!

Ahhhh!  It feels good to bash someone other than Antoine Walker!

Go US World Championships Team!
Ryan