Re[4]: Walker the punk....

     I think you already proved my case.  I guess Walker is the second
     coming of Christ.

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Walker the punk....
Author:  "Icarus" <skmishra@sprintmail.com> at Internet
Date:    7/20/98 9:27 AM

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Lee <Ryan.Lee@parexel.com>
> If someone complains about Walker's field goal percentage then it's
>the team's fault that they didn't set more screens for him.

Here is my point, If you check last years stats when Pippen wasn't around
and teams felt free to double and triple team Jordan. MJ's FG% was 43%.
MJ was still taking more than 30 shots a game and missing his share, he
scored more because he got more fould calls. Now can somebody explain
me, why his FG% wasn't higher?  You just said he was being doubled and tripled
team.  I've seen games where Walker had single man coverage and shot 3-100
(for example - Anthony Mason).  Believe me, I think teams are more concerned
about Jordan going off than Walker.

> if he tries to drive through 3 people then it's because he had no option
to pass to, if it wasn't
>this then it was that.

Again, would you say that last season  the C's had a settled roster. If your
answer is yes then we have nothing to discuss because my answer is no.
Because of all the lineup and roster changes there were many games when the
team had no chemistry. We had Walker, McCarty, Billups etc bombing away from
the three point line and trying to take the ball to the hoop and being
whistled for offensive fouls. I am hoping that all this will settle down in
the current season (if there is one), then we can really infer whether these
guys have what it takes to win the 17th or not.  I do believe Barros is a
decent 3 pt shooter and at times Bowen is nice too from 3.

> Earlier in the year during basketball season I posted
>something about why Walker's numbers are deceptive compared to Jordan's and
you
>had the gumption to say that Walker was equivalent to Jordan in some stats
(I
>believe it was the assists department).

I can compare Jordan's past year stats with Walker's anytime what is wrong
with that? Statswise Walker is  better than Jordan in rebounding and blocked
shots, equal in assists and steals and inferior in points scored. I don't
belive I ever said that Walker is as skilfull as Jordan because that would
be incorrect.  Walker is a forward.  His job is to get rebounds.  Jordan is
one the top rebounders for his POSITION.  How many guards do you know of
that average 10 rebounds a game?  None because it's not their job to rebound
in the trenches.  Steals I have no problem with, assistwise Jordan
statistically has the same number of assists as Walker but my question to
you is HOW MANY TURNOVERS DOES ANTOINE COMMIT TO MAKE THAT ONE ASSIST
(Assist:Turnover ratio)?  I actually wasn't aware of it until Bob Ryan
brought it up but Antoine does lead the league in turnovers.  For once I was
impressed by Walker, I always thought he was top five in turnovers but the
number one turnover man?  WOW.  Is it me or does Jordan have a better
assist/TO ratio?  Guess it's me.

> And for the record, I was never an Antoine fan to begin with.  The
>only reason I have any interest in him is because he is on the Celtics.

Well! thats the difference, I have followed Walker's career from his UK days
and wanted  my favourite team to draft him.

Walker was a good college player in his days but I felt he needed another
year to become a great player.  I felt he could have been a number 1 or 2
draft if he stayed another year at Kentucky.
                                                         - Mishra