Subject: Re: Walker the punk....
Author:  "Icarus" <skmishra@sprintmail.com> at Internet
Date:    7/20/98 8:01 AM

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Lee <Ryan.Lee@parexel.com>

>     but he is an arrogant
>     headcase and don't let that blind fool Mishra tell you different (he'd
>     defend Walker even if he happened to pull a double homicide like
>     another sports celeb we all know).

Now you are resorting to calling names, are you incapable of having a
civil discussion?

>    It seems like everyone uses
>     Antoine's age as an infallible defense to his character and skill but
>     on the contrary it's not.  Case in point, Mercer and Duncan are both
>     near Antoine's age if not younger and they don't have half the ego
>     Walker has.

I don't know these guys well enough to conclude whether they have ego or
not.
Both Mercer and Duncan appear to be the calmer kind while Antoine is more
of a rah! rah! type, but that's his personality how can one change that?

>     With all Duncan's achievements
>     do you see him "wiggling" after every hit shot or arguing every call
>     made by the refs or forcing his offense?

No, because it's not his preffered way of celebrating. By the way you
are distorting facts when you say that AW wiggles after every hit shot he
makes, he doesn't.

>    It helps that he has
>     Robinson to help him (rebounding and tutelage) but as far as offense
>     goes, you still have to hit the basket in order for it to count and
>     Robinson did not help Duncan shoot 54% from the field.

No kidding, KA helped Walker to shoot 50+% from the field, and he hit it
too.

>    Duncan is
>     smarter offensive player and he knows his limitations so he doesn't
>     force many shots.  Am I a Duncan fan?  Yes but I'm a bigger Celt's fan
>     than a Duncan fan and my dishing out Duncan stats is to prove my point
>     that age is not to be this undeniable fault that causes Walker to act
>     the way he does.

If we had Robinson in the front line even AW wouldn't have to force shots
but we
don't and we will never know.

>    The only thing that keeps Walker from becoming a
>     punk is that he is not a convict like Iverson or Sprewell.  Other than
>     that he's a money grubbing showboat just like Allan and Latrell.

We will have to wait until Duncan's contract gets negotiated to find out his
true
colors.  Let's see whether he takes a home team discount and my prediction
is
that, if the new CBA doesn't cap the highest salary paid by a team Duncan
will
demand 25 mill per season for his contract extension (will that qualify him
as a
money grubbing..I know he is not a showboat).
                                                            - Mishra