Ryan, Lobel and Burton

These guys discussed Ryan's article tonight at great length.  I think Bob
Ryan, whom I have enjoyed over the years, fails to realize any point other
than the one he tried to make in his piece.  He says that he has written
many tougher articles and this one is thoroughly defensible by the facts.
He mentioned that others (Will McDonough, Dan Shaugnessy, Gerry Callaghan,
Michael Holley etc) have written much tougher stuff and still approach these
guys.  BTW, Lobel made the statement that Toine does alot more for the
children in Boston than he gets credit for, but never elaborated, probably
because Ryan was very busy defending himself.

Cecil