Sheppard

I think Pitino (or almost anyone) would be happy to have Jeff Sheppard
as 10-12th man.  There should be no question that he is worlds ahead
of Dontae Jones in every category, except height.  Jones would have to
work his tail off for two years to be a good bench player--something
he doesn't understand, as far as the list reports.  Sheppard brings
most of what Pitino wants in a bench player.

But he wasn't drafted because of two words--Shawn Respert.  Respert,
taken 7th or 8th in the draft several years back turned out to be only
6'1" and never got a full chance to overcome that.  Sheppard (a full
6'3"), like Fred Hoiberg, is an excellent college two guard, who will
need several seasons to push his way into an eight man rotation, if he
can.  I like this kind of player, but there are enough of them that
general managers don't have to jump for them.  I would bet that there
is a greater chance of Sheppard being on our roster than D. Jones,
come December or January.

Gene  (oh, I didn't look to see who said "I still don't think Duncan
is that good."  Sounds like a home plate umpire to me.