no world champs on TV?

In other news, USA Basketball won't allow NBC and Turner Sports to broadcast
the World Championships, scheduled for July 29th through August 9 in Athens,
because of marketing concerns.  They're afraid that by televising a weakened
product, it will reduce their future economic possibilities.

Ray

Does this mean that we won't get to see the world Championships on TV at all? I was looking forward to seeing some real basketball soon, no matter who was playing. Heck I even watched some world cup and we finished 32 of 32 there.

Nathan A.

arnfarm@tvsonline.net