Re: Lockout news

>Heard a rumor on Miami sports talk that the Owners would keep the Bird
>exemption if player contracts were only guaranteed for the player once
>the season has started. The way it was explained was if a player signs a
>5 year contract then each year is guaranteed separately as each season
>starts. Of course there would be some sort of provision made for injury.
>It kinda sounds a little like the NFL agreement where no contracts are
>guaranteed except for their so called franchise player.
>What do you all think, on the surface it sounds feasible.
>Regards,
>Hart

I really like this. It would keep players from getting lazy after they
secure a big contract. And, I am not totally opposed to the Bird exception.
I fear that that may be the only way we can keep Walker, Mercer and Pierce.
If all three turn out the way we hope, then we wouldn't probably be able to
afford all three under a hard cap.

Nathan A.

Release, Rotation, Splash!

The North Bend Sports Page: http://www.geocities.com/colosseum/arena/2430

Nebraska Cornhuskers, Simply the best.
1994, 1995, 1997...

Don't hate yourself in the morning -- sleep till noon.