If Necessary

I agree with Josh (it happens now and then) that a trade for Antoine
may be necessary.  As stated before, the pre-season may be only 10
days worth--reporting, training, three exhibition games, player
signings like crazy, and in that atmosphere the negotiations with Falk
and Walker.

Since they may be rigid (although I think Falk should want a star in
Boston), and since owners will be under the gun to hold the line, we
may have to talk trades.  Here are a few ideas based on the idea of
evenness, not plausibility.  You never know who may be ready to deal
or why.

Walker and Barros for Kemp and Sura.  Looks about even to me.
Contract numbers may not be equal, but I don't follow that.  Kemp is
capable and Sura is a great open court player, able to back up at
point and two guard.  Good size and excellent defense.

Walker for Vin Baker.  About even, I think.

Walker for one or two of the Clips.  Who are those guys, anyway?
Blow it up to a two for three trade, get a back-up point in the deal.

Anyway, I think deals are possible.  Losing Walker would hurt, but
the key to another championship team is Pitino and his ability to get
us a top player and others to make it happen.  I'd rather put my
future in his hands than any of these players.

Get well Kenny.

Gene