Re: Goodbye Oh Selfish One

     I'd like to thank everyone for keeping your responses to my response
     very friendly and civil.  I thought everyone who responded had some
     great points to share.  I do slightly disagree with one comment and
     that was the one where someone said that Walker made a much better
     captain than Dee Brown just on the fact that he is an All Star and
     Brown wasn't.  By common sense the captain should be your best player
     but the main purpose of a captain is to lead the team by example and
     Walker is a poor example of leadership.  Despite Brown's low numbers,
     Dee had the experience and maturity to be a better captain.  He played
     with the Big Three and saw the work ethic, skills, and chemistry that
     they had.  What has Walker taught to his team?  How to hog the ball,
     make terrible passes, showboat after every insignificant play (and let
     his man run down the court for an open layup), how to make enemies
     with the refs, or (if that recent article was true) how to skip
     practice?  Yes, Walker is 21 and he acts it but that is proof alone
     that he shouldn't be captain.  Is it me or does Tim Duncan (who is the
     same age) have more maturity than Walker?  Better yet, Ron Mercer who
     is younger has shown more maturity last season than Walker.  I truly
     believe that when Mercer and Walker reach the prime of their careers,
     Ron Mercer will be the bigger force in the league.  Yeah I admit there
     is a little bias there but Mercer has got amazing potential
     (Jordanlike at times) and noone can deny that.  It would have been
     nice to see Chauncey adjust to Pitino's system but alas, not
     everything works out.

     That's my two cents,