RE: LockOUT!

> A league run by the players would never work.  The agents would become the
> owners then.

Probably. But it's still wishful thinking on my part.

> My point is that the players are no better than the owners.

Hardly. The players may be in it for the money, but at least they provide a
service I enjoy. The owners are merely parasites.

> Besides, it is the price you pay for a pair of shoes, a beer, a
> car, etc. that
> lines the pocket.

Do you mean the price of similar owners? And the fact that they make
products in order to profit rather than benefit the public good? If so
unfortunately you're right. I love intentional obsolence and it's ilk(note
the sarcasm). You've pointed out the primary social negative of
corporations.

>  Are the players looking after your interests?
> No way.  The
> players are just as greedy,

Maybe. But they still provide the service I enjoy. The owners do not.

> if not more so than the owners.

More so? That's stretching it a little.

> have no sympathy
> for either side, but think that the players have overblown egos
> and are detached
> from reality.

I agree with your conclusion about egos and detachment.

> Then they are babied by their greedy manipulative owners,
> ooppsss, I meant agents, I mean Falk really doesn't own the
> player does he?

A cogent and unfortunate truth. Agents should be the next to go after
owners.

> It is foolish to think that either side is looking out for the fans, or to
> support either side.

True.

>  If we had a voice, we would stop buying the
> products, stop
> watching the games, stop buying the tickets, and tell them to get
> back to us
> when the game is interested in the fans.  But that won't happen and the
> corporate box income rules now.  The common man is history.

Melancholy but true. Do you have any proposals to combat this? The luxury
box syndrome is an indication of an increasingly stratified society. Is the
only way to eradicate this syndrome, to eliminate(or at least mitigate)
economic inequality? That'd be a task for the ages.

Noah