Re: Looking for 'da bomb'...and the Stones

From: "Jim M" <petenotped@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> > And, did I mention that they suck live?

At times the rolling stones* _have_ sucked big time, both live and
in the studio, particularly weak eras being (all Ronnie Wood years)
1978-1986, filled with mostly weak songs and weaker performances.

Two of their biggest 80s hits harken back to the Mick Taylor years,
and Mr. Taylor plays on Waiting on a Friend" ("Start Me Up" originally
being a reggae tune that took years upon years to get the groove
correct in its final arrangement).

> But they didn't used to. Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out is all
> but the equal of LAL. Those two plus the Allman's
> Fillmore East are certainly the best three live albums
> of all time.

Well, I'll try to lay my hands on a copy, but judging by MR, I don't think
I'll agree that it's *that* good. By the way, I looked at Amazon to see the
track listing and one reviewer seemed to think most of Mick's vocals on the
album were added afterwards. I'm not surprised.

Jim M

Yeah, I guess Mick Jagger got ahold of _ALL_ those circulating bootlegs from
that same tour (Fall/Winter '69) that feature even better performances and laid
new vocal trax on those too.

AnEnglishBoy~

Check out MSN PC Safety & Security to help ensure your PC is protected and safe. http://specials.msn.com/msn/security.asp