Pete's retroactive law

> You and John may be right that he's just in denial,
> but logically people have some basis for what they continue to insist on.
> If we are to believe that Pete is truthful and innocent and is trying to
> follow the 12-step program, then he must have some reason
> for saying this
> about the law.

I could be wrong, but I believe what Pete is referring to is the change in the law making it illegal even to simply view child sex images on a computer screen.  When this occured in reference to UK law, I don't know.  When I get some more free time I may research it.  If anyone has better info than I, please enlighten.

Mc